We are looking for an experienced Credit risk Analyst with experience in wholesale credit to join an exciting new contract.
The primary responsibilities of the Wholesale Credit Risk Analyst is to support the development of the retailer network by managing the risk and provision of wholesale funding and other industry-specific products.
The salary on offer is between £35,000 and £40,000 plus benefits.
Candidates will be required to work Monday to Friday on a 37.5hr week working between 9am – 5:30pm candidates will have to work full time on site 3 days per week in Maidenhead with 2 days working from home.
As a Wholesale Credit Risk Analyst, you will:
- You will be responsible for undertaking regular reviews of retailer financial and commercial performance by analysing financial statements, market trends, industry performance and other relevant factors to determine the creditworthiness of potential and existing borrowers. Specific underwriting matters must be identified and managed confidently through negotiations with senior retailer management. You should be comfortable to liaise with borrowers and their legal representatives to ensure all sanctioned security requirements are fulfilled in line with company policies.
- You will make regular visits to retailers, within an allocated portfolio, to develop an understanding of individual retailer businesses and build relationships with senior management as a result. You will also monitor and control new entrants into the retailer network and ensure that any retailer terminations are handled efficiently.
- Other daily tasks will include monitoring funding conditions, including a range of risk indicators such as credit limit positions and the results of stock audits, undertaking retailer visits when necessary to interview business owners/directors, obtaining relevant financial and non-financial information to provide recommendations to the appropriate underwriting authority.
- Attendance at regular manufacturer meetings to provide portfolio level overview information and to understand market trends and high-risk borrowers may also be required.
- When covering the wholesale operations administrator duties, you will be required to prepare and issue daily CHAPS payments, administer the retailer funding system (deal with stock audit reports, carry out post-sanction administration and assist in the preparation and issue of legal documentation for all our funded retailers.
In order to be considered for this role you must have the following skills:
- Sound and relevant commercial underwriting experience within financial services, preferably automotive related, is required. Captive finance experience would also be advantageous.
- The ideal candidate will have strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and excellent communication and interpersonal skills, being able to effectively communicate with all internal and external stakeholders across the business.
- A great team player with high attention to detail, and the ability to problem solve is paramount, adopting an organised and methodical approach to deliver personal and business objectives.
- Knowledge of APAK (or other unit stocking platform) and Salesforce workflow system would be valuable, as well as a university degree (Maths, Economy, Business and Administration), or equivalent experience.
If you are successful and offered an opportunity, we will need to carry out pre-engagement screening, this will usually include a DBS Check, Credit Check, and references from previous employers.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this role with the subject matter: (Wholesale Credit Risk Analyst + Maidenhead)