The role of a PMO consultant will be working on a major project for a large UK organisation and offers excellent opportunities to progress within a growing project.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong PMO experience
The rate on offer is up to £300 per day depending on experience, on an initial 3-month contract, which is likely to be extended.
You would be required to work Monday to Friday, 9am – 5:30pm.
As a PMO you will:
- Mobilise and run PMOs for large scale, high-complexity programmes
- Plan creation, management and control using a standard Project Management Tool (e.g. MS Project). This involves setting up plans, tracking actual progress, and reporting variances
- Data analytics using relevant tooling (e.g. Splunk, Tableau)
- Senior internal and client stakeholder management
- Working with delivery teams to understand status, issues, risks and putting in place mitigation plans
- Liaison with Commercial and Financial Management teams to ensure that programme and corporate finances are aligned and that the Programme is delivering to target
- Production of status reports for weekly management meetings and executive management meetings to facilitate fact-based decision making
- Day-to-day management of various project control processes, including deliverable configuration management, issue and risk management, scope/change control, resource management, process automation and quality management including the application of outputs from these processes to improve project and programme performance.
- Reporting directly to the Engagement PMO lead or Project Manager
Key skills and experience
We would expect you to have significant skills and experience in many of the following within the Financial Services Sector:
- Significant experience as a PMO demonstrating core skills required for PMO.
- Experience of data analytics and tooling e.g. Tableau and Splunk
- Experience in process automation
- Experience working with or in ‘New IT’ environments e.g. Agile Delivery,
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills – including verbal, written and presenting to a group
- Commercial awareness with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience managing teams of approximately 5 resources, experience of managing remote teams beneficial
In addition, deep experience in one or more of the following would be advantageous:
- Certification in Prince2, P30 or Agile Methodologies
- Microsoft Project / Server
- Microsoft SharePoint/Teams
- Tableau and Splunk or similar data analytic tools
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/ Visual Basic for Applications
Email CV@hazellcarr.com for further details.
You will also be required to complete a Criminal Records Bureau and Equifax Credit check for this project.