Equiniti is a leading specialist in technology, finance and administration services in complex and regulated markets. We keep things running smoothly behind the scenes for thousands of satisfied clients including over half of the FTSE 100 and many large sector and financial organisations. Our mission is making complex things simple.
Equiniti Hazell Carr is the financial services resourcing and consulting business within Equiniti. We assist clients across a range of industry issues where the regulatory landscape is constantly changing. We specialise in providing hands-on expertise for sector-wide reviews, compliance & actuarial support, complaint handling and advice on new and emerging regulatory issues. We have experienced unprecedented growth over the last 10 years and have an exciting future ahead.
Consultant Actuary - now hiring
Salary: up to £65 + benefits, DOE
Job Type: Permanent/ Full time
All CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Consultant Actuary within our client, you will be responsible for the set-up, testing, support and delivery of stochastic modelling tools as well as working with end clients on bespoke consultancy work. As a senior member of the team, you will help to support and develop junior analysts within the team (both actuarial and technical analysts), providing technical expertise and ensuring good working practices.
Reports to the Actuarial Team Leader
- Working with our Product and development teams on the numerical aspects associated with developing new tools and further development of existing tools
- Configuring and testing systems for client projects, including independent checking of stochastic forecast results
- Coordinating and delivering multiple project tasks within scope, to estimated time and deadline constraints
- Sign out of client deliverables, ensuring the necessary process and checks have been followed, ensuring an accurate deliverable
- Varied consultancy and analytical work involving the client's stochastic model
- Client-facing responsibilities - discussing modelling/configuration possibilities for the tools, determining requirements
- Ensuring client tools meet any relevant financial legislative requirements and keeping up to date with possible future legislative developments that may affect our business
- Providing technical support to junior analysts within the team, helping them to learn on the job and managing the quality and accuracy of their work.
- Actuarial exam progress to Associate AIA level or above. This position does not require a fully qualified actuary or continued study.
- 5+ years Financial services sector experience with knowledge of final salary and defined contribution pension scheme structures
- Strong Excel knowledge (Visual Basic an advantage)
- Experience of leading and coordinating multiple tasks, taking responsibility for overall project deliverables to scope and on time
- Ability to respond appropriately to fast moving or competing priorities
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts, adapted appropriately according to the audience
- Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to provide creative solutions
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently and influence at different levels
- Ability to function professionally and proactively in a team environment
- Ability to visualise, articulate, solve both complex and uncomplicated problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information
- Offers assistance to colleagues; is widely regarded and respected as someone to go to for help
- Collaborates and interacts without regard to title, level or position
- Fosters friendly and cooperative relationships
- Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others to achieve team goals.
- Support and motivate the team to perform at its best.
- Work effectively with different personalities
- Adopts appropriate influencing styles
- Encourages dialogue to facilitate agreement with others
- Ensures commitment to decisions from key stakeholders
- Is credible in the role and gains respect
Professionalism & Integrity
- Evaluates lessons learned from both successes and failures
- Demonstrates willingness to make commitments based on all information known at the time and delivers upon those commitments
- Makes a positive impression; represents the company well at all times
- Adheres to all corporate policies, makes prudent use of company resources and acts with complete integrity in all matters
- Able to maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- Approaches communication in a transparent/open manner in order to facilitate clear messages, support learning and facilitate problem solving
- Takes time to actively solicit, and objectively listen to, all viewpoints before forming an opinion
- Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, finding appropriate, effective ways to communicate to audiences in diverse situations